This morning was one of those mornings that was just busy…you know those kinds of Sunday mornings where you find yourself just being busy instead of taking it all in like you should on a Sunday morning?
After working Greenhouse (our children’s area) in the 1st service, I was finally able to sit in our 2nd service with my friend Kendra and enjoy the worship music and teaching. (Daniel had been in the 1st service.) After a few worship songs and a cute, little song by the children from Greenhouse my heart felt calmed and peaceful. I felt myself switch my mind and heart into “taking-in” mode and tried to be still. While one of our pastor’s was doing the announcements he mentioned God loving justice…which led me to think about the people in Malawi that I hope to be helping. I heard nothing else Scott said as I started to imagine what our Sundays would be like in 4 months in Malawi.
Daniel and I took off this past Friday to work on our condo in preparation to put it on the market. It rained all day long which didn’t help from the motivational aspect. After sleeping in past our normal wake-up time and a nice breakfast we focused ourselves on each room organizing, cleaning, and packing. At some part in the morning Daniel went off to check out and rent a storage unit as I continued organizing clothes and building my goodwill pile. It actually was very freeing to spend a day organizing and packing up. We then took a pile to Salvation Army and a pile of boxes to our new storage unit…in the pouring rain. By that time it was almost 5pm and we needed to clean up and make our way to Daniel’s parents house for dinner. As we began driving the tears began to flow…we both realized how emotional the day of organizing, cleaning and packing up really had been. Obviously it wasn't the packing up of items that we were emotional over, it was the realization that we are entering into this endevour of faith...so much is unknown at this point..so much are just questions...so much is not about us....so much is about the people of Malawi that are in need of love, hope, dignity and justice. In just 4 short months we will be packing the storage unit full, saying goodbye to great friends and loving family members and heading to a new country to bring God’s message to the people in Malawi. We can't wait!
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh I can't wait either!! It's going to be an amazing journey! I know that you are going to see God in a whole new light because of your obeidence to him! I know you'll be changing lives in Malawi, but I'm also excited to hear about how God is changing you! Just think of the stories you'll be able to tell your children's children!
It is going to be SO exciting, but I know the emotional part is hard too - lots of preparation, lots of unknowns. It's going to be an amazing experience!!!
Post a Comment