Monday, March 02, 2009

SNOW DAY

What a beautiful snowy day it is today! Snow days on Mondays are just the best!! Last night's snow fall was the most snow Charlotte has seen in several years. It was beautiful as it fell last night and even more beautiful this morning! Our local school system announced that it is making up this snow day on Memorial Day...thank goodness I work for a private school. I would hate to make up a school day on a holiday. They made up their last snow day on President's day. I know that our school had 2 days worked into the calendar so I am not sure what is going to happen with today's snow day. I would love to give up a teacher work day rather than a holiday.

Anyway, here are some favorite pictures that I took of the snow last night and today! I'm loving my camera's awesome digital zoom. It isn't an SLR but it zooms like one just doesn't have the manual focus that digital SLR's have.
The weathermen around here were calling our snow last night "Thunder Snow" because it was literally thundering and lightning as it was snowing last night...crazy huh? It has been raining for 2 days (as I think it was the whole east coast). I had never heard of thundersnow before.

Here is the Charlotte skyline from our building with the Bank of America building in the center. This is with my zoom about little bit in.

This is the top of the BOA building...my zoom isn't even all the way in. I love it.

The old and empty Duncan Gardens Memorial Church on our street. I played around with the colors on my computer...so pretty!



My cute husband.

3 comments:

Katy said...

beautiful pictures jamie - you have such an eye for them! i love the one of the steps especially! glad you don't have to make up any days yet - that's a bummer!!! enjoy your day off!

Erin McG said...

I love the photo of the berries!! So beautiful!! What kind of camera do you have? Scott and I are in the market for a new one!

Sarah Joy said...

Jamie! Those are awesome! Love your camera! Charlotte is just wonderful to live in as well!