Friday morning was the small service that we had in his honor. A neighbor of my grandparents who is a retired minister led the service. My uncle, mom and aunt shared a bit and then I got up to share. Up until the time we walked into the hall my emotions had been pretty controlled, but then I just couldn't keep it together any longer. I got up to share a verse that I love from Proverbs. "A good life gets passed on to the grandchildren..." Prov. 13:22 (The Message). It is a short verse but one that has so much meaning especially for this week as we reflected on Granddaddy. He passed a good life (or as other versions say, "inheritance") on to his grandchildren. He was a man of peace, humor, support, and most of all, love! I kinda feel like once again a part of my childhood has come to a close. We love him and will always remember our years.
Friday night we sat around and went through a ton of old pictures. My grandma has a scanner on her printer (much to her surprise) so I was able to scan some pictures for a video of his life that I want to do later.

My grandparents on their wedding day. July 1950 Treasure Island, California

This is my granddaddy and I (age 7) taking a nap together.

My mom, uncle, grandma and aunt this past Friday
Daniel and I with Amelia, my cousin, Justin and Jeremy, two of my brothers, and Teresa, my sister in law.
My mom and RD.

Daniel with Chloe, one of our nieces.
1 comment:
I'm so glad so many of your family members were able to make it to Florida! You grandmom really looks good surrounded by her loving family. Does she have family in FL with her? I hope so! I've been thinking about her and praying for her. It sounds like you had a very special time honoring your grandfather!
Post a Comment