Monday, March 16, 2009

Our Super Sunday

When I was younger I loved it when missionaries come to our church, showed their slide presentation and set up tables with cool pictures, flags, and neat little gagets and things from their country. I never dreamed that I would be THAT missionary one day.

Yesterday Daniel and I WERE those missionaries, but hopefully cooler...without the dated clothes, and slow-clicking slides. OK...maybe our clothes weren't totally to date, but our video was pretty cool. We spoke at my father-in-law's church in the north part of Charlotte. It was a great morning. Our close friends, Ashley and Ryan, also made it up to show their support and love! (We are going to miss them so much!)

Daniel and I have been preparing for weeks for this Sunday...Daniel more so than me as he spoke during the "message" time. We both shared separately our mission experiences as single individuals (Daniel and his 2 years in Russia, and me on my time in India), how God developed in us the love for people around the world and His heartbeat for justice and mercy. We showed the video, and after the video Daniel spoke for about 20 minutes more. It was a great morning...I was so proud of Daniel and the amazing job that he did on speaking on living a missional and intentional life.

We are thankful for all the support we have received for trip to Malawi and are constantly amazed at God's provision for us during these harsh, economical times. We are half-way there...yahoo! I feel like raising support is the biggest faith-step of all...more so than packing up and moving to another country! Please pray for us as we continue on this faith journey. We know that God has BIG things that He wants us to be a part of with the youth/children of Malawi, and He will provide that money through the people around us. We can't wait to blog that first report back to the U.S. from Malawi in July...it's going to be amazing.

Daniel in action...literally.

Ha, me in action...what was I doing with my hands?

Daniel's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Brown. She and her husband used to go to another church that Daniel's dad pastored and made it out to this church yesterday to hear Daniel speak! How sweet.

Our car broke down on Saturday afternoon in the Target parking lot (embarrassing). We tried to jump the battery...in the pouring rain, of course. But it wasn't the battery and had to be towed on Sunday after our time speaking at the church.

Next, it was on to Daniel's soccer game. He plays on our church's soccer team. They won yesterday!! 5-4.

Here is Daniel again in action--this game was too fast for me to take pictures.
Shew, it was a busy day but a good one.

3 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

I couldn't wait to her your news on Sunday! I am so excited that it went well, knew it would but still am excited to hear your excitement in your post:) I was home from church with Riley not feeling well but I was praying for you guys.

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

Hey Jamie! I'm sort of new (within the past several months) to this Blog thing. Glad to see you on here! I'll be sure to keep up with yours now!

Judy said...

Daniel looks like a pro standing up there teaching! And you look very comfortable too! It's so sweet that Daniel's kindergarten teacher came to hear what you guys had to share! That must have been very special for her!!