Tuesday, March 24, 2009

stuff swap

It is so hard to believe that in 4 months we will be moving to AFRICA....that is FOUR months, blogworld!! 1-2-3-4. WOW. I think the emotions of it all will start to kick in soon as the reality of packing up starts to take place. Which will be happening this Friday!! Daniel and I are both taking Friday off from work (do you know how hard it is as a teacher to take a day off?!) to start packing up our house and moving things into a storage unit. I promise to post pictures. We are putting our condo up for sale, so we needed a day to get it organized and show-able. :) There is just so much for us to do in the coming months with all the details. Today the aspect of raising support has started to get me discouraged. We are actually half-way to our goal which is pretty amazing, but still it is a draining and faith-challenging step. We know that God will provide for us as He has organized all the other details so far with this endeavor.

In other news: I went to a "stuff swap" tonight with some other girls from our church. It was so much fun. A "stuff swap" is just what it sounds...you just bring a few things that you may not want anymore, other people do the same and then you take turns picking through the piles of something "new" that you want to bring home. I took home this really cute H&M black top. I love it. If you have never done a swap, its totally fun!
I was going through my things this afternoon and found some pants that I had bought when I lived in Jacksonville. Oh my word!! I couldn't believe it so I took a picture of me holding the pants up to my waist (as best I could while holding a camera.) Lets just say that I was about 20+ lbs. heavier when I lived in FL.

Please excuse the messy bathroom pic...and yes, that is an orchid in my bathtub...they were $5 an orchid in Florida and my mom sent like 5 home with me for her to pick up next week.

The group tonight and their swapped treasures.

2 comments:

Katy said...

what a great idea to do the swap!!! i think that sounds like such fun!

Judy said...

Fun idea! What a great thing to do for fun during "this economy."