Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Last Week: Part 2

Today was our last day in Charlotte! At least for only a year, right? Hmmm...you never know what a year will bring.

Most of the day was running around town, like we have been doing the past 4 days...so many things to do, you can't even imagine. Power of Attorney, bank, safety deposit box, DMV, Target and somehow another Wal-Mart run ended up on the list of things to do...gah, Wal-Mart two days in a row for small stuff is a nightmare to me. I never know where anything is in that store, and I end up roaming around just about every aisle...it will just be worse when I get back from Malawi, I am sure of it. At least I have enough toothpaste, Dramamine, Advil, Melatonin, crystal light packets, taco seasoning and deodorant to last me a year. :) Thank goodness for that, right?

Last night we had a big family dinner with Daniel's family. It was like Christmas except for no presents...well, there is always presents when Grandma McCollum visits town. She is the sweetest. And by "sweetest", I mean that she always brings sweets as gifts to us when she comes...she never visits empty handed, that is for sure. It was so thoughtful of Daniel's grandparents to make the 5 hour drive from the mountains to Charlotte. It was a very memorable time together!

Daniel, Emma (our niece) and Tim!
Tonight, our great friends threw us (McCollum's plus Kayla and Jonathan) a going away party! It was such a wonderful evening. I can think of no better way to leave Charlotte then to leave going out with the prayer and love that we received tonight from our friends! Ahhhh....we love them so much and will miss them like crazy!

Some of my girls: Rachael, me, Ashley and Kendra...plus baby girl Miller due in September!
So we are onto Virginia tomorrow afternoon to spend time with my family...yes, I will be sure to take some pics of our luggage as per some of my blogger's request.

2 comments:

Katy said...

i can't believe what it must feel like to be going through all these "last time for a year" things!!!

Judy said...

Have I told you how cute you look lately! Well, I think it everytime I see a picture of you...just so you know :)

I'm sure you have a million emotions boiling in your brain these last few days, but just keep reminding yourself that there are people who will only know and taste and see the love of Jesus because you are coming. God is planning on using you to be a light in their darkness!