It was a bit surreal for me when I came back to the empty condo. Daniel had run a few errands and took the U-haul back, so I decided to get started on the vacuuming and cleaning. That's when the tears started. There I was in our empty home...trying to wipe away the tears and keep my vacuum lines as straight as possible (I tend to be OCD about vacuum lines.) My thoughts were all over the place...mostly remembering all the great memories that we have had in our first home together these last couple of years! I feel like the older I get the more sentimental I become...it's true.
Then my thoughts started changing to our many friends that helped us move. How many of my happy thoughts and memories of our first home actually included so many of our friends too! We are incredibly grateful and blessed to have many friends who we love so deeply. We enjoy doing life together...even when life gets messy and uncomfortable!
I know we are only moving away for a year--but what a year it is going to be! We can't wait! Just to give a little Malawi update: We had our international airline tickets bought last week and are still planning on departing the US on August 3rd...27 more days. Daniel's last week of work is this week. We start our 2-week mission training at the SIM USA headquarters (located here in Charlotte) on Saturday. AND We only have $3,000 more to go to meet our support needs.


1 comment:
i can't believe it's really almost here!! glad to hear that everything went well, and now the adventure REALLY begins!! :)
Post a Comment