Friday, July 24, 2009

10 Days and Counting

We just finished up our 2 week mission training at the SIM USA headquarters! It is hard to believe that 2 weeks has just flown by...wow! But what great time we have had here meeting new friends and soaking in so much cross cultural knowledge...I feel like my head is going to explode! Even though I have lived overseas before on a couple of occasions, there is still so much more to learn. We have made friends with so many here--about 40 people total and everyone is going to different places around the world to share Jesus' message of love and justice and to do different occupations. I think the best way to describe these 2 weeks is "mission camp"...its been kinda like summer camp with your youth group, except that we are all adults and going out to crazy places like the middle of Africa, or the mountains of Peru or the cities of China. Its been a great time together!

We are off to stay with Daniel's parents until we leave Charlotte on Wednesday to spend some time with my family. August 3rd is when we leave the country! 10 days...can you believe it? So many little things and loose ends to tie together...it will all get done, so I am told!

Here is a pic of Daniel and I with the Malawi flag...more pics of our 2 weeks to come later!

2 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

praying for you right now... I can't wait to read your first post from Africa!

Katy said...

love the picture of you guys with the flag- we'll be seeing that flag alot and thinking of you over the next year. i can NOT believe the day is almost here - only 10 days! unreal!