One of my favorite things in the whole wide world is being an Auntie! So far we have 4 nieces, one lives in Charlotte on Daniel's side of the family and the other three live in northern VA and belong to two of my brothers. This week I am up in VA spending the whole week with two of my nieces...Anna and Bella...while my brother and sister in law are away in FL. Thank goodness for our latest obsession with the live video camera on the computers and thank goodness for Skype! :) Justin and Sophia took their laptop with a video cam so it has been fun seeing them and having the girls talk to them and have mommy and papa sing night-night songs to them before bedtime. Anna is 3 1/2 and loves seeing them on the "puter" but doesn't understand the concept of them being on the computer yet so far away! :) Last night she wanted to "jump" into where they were. ha ha...it was cute!
Daniel and I got a new computer last month (macbook--LOVE it) so today I shot some video of Bella eating some puffs from her chair. (she is such a happy baby ALL the time--I am not kidding). I realized that today was her 9 month birthday so I played with my imovie application and made a very simple video. I can't wait to figure the video thing out more but for now here is the best that I can do. And before anyone leaves comments, I realize that my "slicing" technique needs work and I also realize that I can be pretty cheesy while talking to my nieces! :)
I better sign off, eat a quick lunch, wake Bella from her nap, make a bottle for the car and go pick up Anna from her camp. Life is busy being a hands-on auntie this week!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun being able to spend time with the girls. I bet your having a blast. Great way to prepare for your own little ones :)
What a wonderful opportunity for you to get some sweet time with the girls - and a great gift for your bro & sis-in-law!! Believe me! :)
I know all about having a three yr old and a baby! It's non-stop but I keep reminding myself that they're only little for such a short period of time. It's so great that you were able to give your brother and his wife a break and to be able to make some memories with the girls.
Post a Comment