Whoa--is it really the middle of July 2008?! Holy cow...this year has gone by fast. Only 5 more months until Christmas--start saving! :)
I don't know about anyone else but this summer has been extremely busy for Daniel and I, the past 8 weeks in particular. Here's what I have been juggling in my weekly schedule!
1. The last 3 classes for my degree--2 EDU and 1 SOC. Tuesday and Thursday nights until 9pm for one class, the other 2 were online.
2. Children's Theatre of Charlotte--working full day weeks @ the Theatre teaching drama camps for preschool and primary.
3. Looking for a teaching job for the fall.
4. Leading a "Creation Care" small group with my friend Kayla--it was only 4 weeks but still was time-consuming with planning.
5. Greenhouse--our church's children's ministry--still leading that to an extent especially with some summer changes coming up and organizing the Sunday lesson plans for the older elementary children each week.
It may only look like a short list of 5 items, but all of it has been eating my time and energy! I am so thankful that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. My classes are ending this next week, my small group is finishing this Saturday and as of yesterday I have a job for the fall! :) I'm super excited about it. I'll be teaching a new TK class that the school is adding this school year. TK means "transitional kindergarten" which is a 4 year old program with a little bit more academic twist than most preschool programs. This TK will be a full day--which will be good for me. I had really been praying about this school and position and had perfect peace while I was meeting with the lower school principal and head master. The passions and mission of the school totally lines up with me and my education philosophy. I'm sure that I will have more to share as I get into the school year...but for now I can cross it off the list and be thankful for God's provision! www.ufca.org for those that are interested.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yea! Congrats.. TK is very good. I had a little student who did it before starting K and he was sure ready! You'll be great and they're lucky to have you.
Hooray Jamie! One more way that God has answered prayer!
Congrats on the new job!! It sounds like the perfect job for you since you've taught both preschool and kindergarten!! I'm so excited for you!
Wow..Sounds like you have been busy...congrats on the job. By the way, I didn't comment but I loved your post about the bird. Too funny!!
Post a Comment