Anyway, one of our favorite dishes this time of year is from Giada's "Everyday Italian" cookbook. I have no idea who reads this blog...probably like 3 of you. But I was thinking of all three of you today when I was making dinner. I just had to share one of our favorite summer dishes. Maybe some of you will do the same, I would love to see pics and get new ideas of what to make for dinner. I sure hope I am able to make this in Malawi...I think we will be able to. Enjoy! Let me know if anyone makes this at home and how you liked it.

This is the before picture!

This is the after picture...I forgot to take a pic right after it came out of the oven.
Tomato Vegetable Casserole
1 med. potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 med. sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 in pieces
2 carrots, peeled and cut
1 red bell pepper
4 TB of Olive Oil
1 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 red onion (I don't usually have red onion so I use yellow onion)
1 large zucchini, cut crosswise and into 1/4 inch slices
2 large red tomatoes
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 TB Italian-style dried bread crumbs
Preheat oven 450 degrees. In a glass casserole dish toss the potatoes, carrots and a bell pepper with 2 TB of OO, pepper and salt. Arrange the onion evenly on top and then top with zucchini. Drizzle with 1 TB of OO and salt and pepper. Arrange tomato slices over the zucchini. Drizzle with the remaining TB of OO and salt and pepper. In a small bowl, stir the Parmesan and bread crumbs and sprinkle over the vegetables. Bake uncovered until the vegetables are tender and topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
5 comments:
This looks so good. I am definitely going to have to try it out! Thanks!
I agree, this looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe!! We can definitely use more veggies in our diets!
ok so reader #3 here. I opposite of heart veggies but I try to heart them b/c I heart being able to fit into clothes so I will def give this a try -- how many ppl would this serve?
I'm with Christy...not really a veggie lover, but my mom would love that. I think I could eat it as a side dish, just not as a meal. Just veggies as a meal doesn't sound like fun to me, but you're motivating, really you are :)
Just so you know...I've been reading your blog. Reading everyone's blogs, but I haven't been commenting. I've been lazy and busy, but I'm back and am going to catch up!!
Post a Comment