We are super excited for our final fundraiser event tomorrow night! Just got back from the house where we are having it...it is beautiful and huge. If you are a Charlottean you will know what house it is when I say its the BIG house on Queens Rd and Princeton. Now, for those that don't live in Charlotte...ALL the houses on Queens Rd are BIG but this one is the BIGGEST house in the whole area. AMAZINGLY BIG...like castle-esque. Long story on how we got the connections to have our fundraiser there, the event has really been due to our partners in crime, Jonathan and Kayla George. The George's are going to Africa with us....more about them in a different blog, the are the best and deserve their own post for my love and admiration.
Anyway, the event promises to be so fun and entertaining. We have a local wine vendor that will be sharing his wine knowledge and different wines. We will have 3 local artists that will be painting on site, selling their own pieces (with a percentage that will go to our cause) and raffling off a few pieces as well. I think even one artist will be walking around doing sketches of guests. (How cool?) We will also be having our dear friend (for 10+ years) and worship leader...the one and only, Taryn Hofert, playing the keyboard and doing what she does best. (She rocks!) A local Italian restaurant, Mama Ricotta's, is DONATING all the appetizers (Holla'). It is going to be a great evening....so if you are reading this and are in Charlotte please come...if you are reading this and live elsewhere, please pray that it is a successful evening! We need the prayers!
I'll post tomorrow night with lots of pictures!!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
man - that is AWESOME! I wish I could be there. What a GREAT evening it promises to be!
I can't wait to see all the pictures!!
I love the new countdown to Malawi!! Hard to believe it's coming up so fast!
And I don't think I told you before but I love the new fonts. You're really getting fancy with this blog.
When you're in Malawi are you going to blog here or on your other website???
Post a Comment