I'm going to take a gamble here and post about some cakes we made for a "surprise party" this evening...hopefully Matt doesn't read my blog. (I don't think he does so I should be safe.) Our friend, Rachael is giving her husband, Matt, a surprise 30th birthday party tonight. Rachael asked Kayla, Ashley and I to take on the task of making the cakes. The thing is that she wanted guitar cakes. Matt is our worship/creative pastor @ Watershed. He is SUPER talented with music...awesome voice, amazing on the guitar and just about any other instrument that is put in front of him. Hence the guitar cakes. It was fun. We made one electric guitar cake and one acoustic guitar cake.

Here is Ashley working on the 1st cake.


Kayla working on the acoustic guitar!

And the two finished products...Sorry for how I look, definitely a lazy-eye shot..but it was the best pic of the two cakes together.
3 comments:
Well look at you little Miss Martha Stewart! Very impressive! I could have used you two weeks ago with McKenna's birthday :)
off topic (sort of) but I really like that rack that holds your coffee mugs in the background!
I'm very impressed! I'd love a guitar cake pan - how fun is that! Do you watch Ace of Cakes??? it's hilarious!
Post a Comment