Wednesday, February 04, 2009
yeah for another snow day
Its another BLIZZARD here in the south! OK...not really a blizzard, more like a dusting of snow...actually there was more ice than snow. I had been hoping for another snow day ever since there was a "chance for snow" in the forecast this week. My dreams were shot down by our local weathermen as they said that there wouldn't be any accumulation last night. So, I woke up to my usual 5:45 alarm...pushed snooze a few times and jumped up to start my day. Daniel got up a little bit later and looked outside to all the cars covered in snow (only the cars not the ground). So...I just figured a dusting and school would go on as usual. Daniel checked the news and found out that our county schools were closed. My school is a private school and doesn't follow the county's closings. Just then Daniel reminded me that my phone was still on vibrate from the movie the night before. Aughhhh.....I checked my phone and my lower school principal had left 2 vm's for me. Ha ha. I called her back...school was indeed closed!! Woo Hoo. So happy...I made french toast for breakfast, cleaned the house and now I am getting ready to join Daniel for a sushi lunch! :) Yea for snow days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, we live in a town that shuts down for snow that is gone by noon! It was pretty this morning though. I am glad you are having a nice day of it. My friends (whose kids attend UF) had then all up and dressed before one of the kids saw outside was sonw ocvered! She was so mad, she didn't check the news becuase at 10 last night they said nothing was going to happen...once again THEY WERE WRONG! Did you know Scotty is going to the preschool there everyday M-Th? He loves it. If we ever can all the kids willa ttend there. Hope your afternoon off is restful and peaceful.
Where are the pictures of this BLIZZARD? They would have given this little northerner a good laugh! I'm glad you got a day off out of it. Do you have to make up these days?
Post a Comment