Sunday, September 21, 2008

weekend happenings

We are having such a wonderful, relaxing and non-planned weekend! I love weekends like these but they are few and far between for Daniel and I. We started the weekend with some yummy Mexican on Friday night which led to sleeping in on Saturday morning. Saturday morning we went on an 8 mile bike ride from our place through the city, down to Freedom Park, which is like Charlotte's miniature version of Central Park. Its the park where our church does our summer movie's series "Movies in the Park". Anyway, Freedom Park hosts the annual "Festival in the Park"...its fun with lots of food and tons of venders with really nice, tasteful stuff not like the tacky stuff that sometimes you find at festivals. Anyway, we rode down there for lunch and then to the Farmer's Market for our weekly list and back home. We had a nice evening with Daniel's parents and our niece.

Today, Sunday, is Watershed's (our church community) 3rd anniversary. It was awesome morning and, of course full of lots of emotions. It has been such an amazing journey these last 3 years for me personally. When I moved to Charlotte from Jacksonville in 2005 I had no idea what was in store for me...I knew that I wanted to be a part of this church plant but had no idea that I would meet the man of my dreams and prayers, meet incredible friends for life that are more like family, experience community on a level that I never knew was possible, and come to the understanding that I am still getting to know Jesus and his teachings after all these years. Its been a humble day of thankfulness for me!

Daniel and I on our Saturday bike ride.

The "bridge" @ Freedom Park

A view of "Festival at the Park"

Daniel with Lindsey and Tony!

Jamie and Becky @ the Watershed picnic

1 comment:

Katy said...

Sounds like the perfect kind of weekend happenings to me! I so wish David and I had bikes - i would love to go for bike rides like that on the weekend! One day!