
Yikes! I have been wanting to do a half-marathon for a while...and yes, Katy, I am sure that you are just yelling at your computer screen now and telling me to just do it! There are 2 half-marathon/marathon's coming up in Charlotte in November and December this year. So I am really, REALLY contemplating the question about signing up. Its just such a huge commitment that I am just frankly scared to fail at. I mean there it is in bold at the bottom that there is a 3 hour limit on the half...3 hours! I can't even imagine running for 3 hours but what if I am the very very last person to cross the finish line...how embarrassing would that be? I haven't run in a couple months because of the hot Charlotte heat so I basically am starting back at the very beginning. I'm giving it a lot of thought...so maybe I just need to not think about it and just do it...ugh, the questions! :)
7 comments:
Hmmm...Since I'm not a runner, I don't really know what to tell you. I can however understand your nervousness about signing up. It is a huge commitment, but I've never known you to shy away from a challenge!!
That is something I have always wnated to do as well. I think about it alot and don't know if I ever will run again becaseu of my back injuries. If you sign up you better tell us when... me and the boys will come cheer you on! Scotty is really good at yelling, "GO, GO, GO!"
RUN! You will not be the last person to cross the finish line :) Some people walk the whole thing hehe & if you need a training plan, I'm your girl ;)
YES - I'm totally yelling at the computer right now! You can do it!!! I PROMISE you won't be the last one - you totally can do it. You WON'T be starting over either - some of your conditioning is still there and will come flooding back once you start training. I can send you the training plan that I used or the one that David used - totally doable. It's SO much fun! DO IT!!!
Now that I've read Katy's comment, I'm going to tell you to run too!!! You definitely wouldn't be the last one to cross the finish line!! Go for it!!
Okay so Judy, are you ready to sign up now too? By the way Jamie, I LOVE the new picture of you and your man on the top! :)
I think you should go for it....you will feel so great about yourself if you do. I am just now getting into working out and running. I can't wait to do my first run. I am hoping to do the gate river run in March. We will see!! Let us know what you decide.
Post a Comment