What a day it has been! Amazing. Before I go on I just have to say how amazingly blessed and humbled I am by the generosity of the people from our church community (Watershed). Our church has been around now for almost 4 years, still so young. However the amount of love and support is unreal! We have felt nothing but confirmation and peacefulness from this community on the front of moving to Malawi. We couldn't do it without a church that believes in serving, loving and living a life of immense generosity. We love you Watershed peeps!
We have been planning this Cookout Fundraiser for a few weeks now and it went off without a hitch. In fact, it turned out way better than originally planned. We had a family from our church host the cookout in their backyard...there were 3 grills going (see pic below) cooking up yummy, bacon-wrapped shrimp, hot dogs, burgers, along with a ton of sides, and desserts. We originally were going to purchase the burgers and dogs (the shrimp was already paid for) but someone else ended up covering the cost of all the food! What an amazing blessing. There's more....about 70+ people showed up from Watershed, each giving donations towards our cause of moving to Malawi. We also had raffle tickets for sale too. Our raffle items included a donated, brand-new iPod to raffle off, gift cards to restaurants and stores and a cool painting was donated by our good friend and artist, Kendra Miller!
Thanks everyone for an amazing day...we will never forget it.

The guys and their grills.

This is a picture of about half of the group that was there...we (Daniel, Kayla, Jonathan and I) had a time to share with the group about what we will be doing in Malawi.

Here I am sharing with the group what I will be doing in Malawi for this next year.

Daniel had the kids in the group help draw the tickets for the raffle prizes.

Daniel and Rachael at the donations table. The art on the table was part of the raffle.
1 comment:
Looks like a beautiful day! I'm so glad you guys are finding some creative ways to raise some funds...I've got my own little plan in the works so stay tuned!
Post a Comment