I can't believe the day has finally come. It happens every year, and every year I say that it has flown by faster than the year before. It seems like it was just August that I was getting ready to meet my little group of 10 TK'ers (Transitional Kindergarten is what I taught this year). And here I am, 9pm on Tuesday night printing out my "award certificates". I ha
ve their academic certificates at school, as well as their Fruit of the Spirit awards. This year our headmaster has instated that each student in the whole school receive a "Fruit of the Spirit" award. This is so that each student at least receives one award...which I totally agree on...however, I realized while making out my awards that I did not award a "self-control" to any of my kids. Ha. Self-control is something that we struggle with in TK just about 500 bazillion times a day...I just couldn't bring myself to award it just to do it.
The awards that I am working on tonight are candy awards. "Sweet Tart Award" to my little sweet girl in class. "Snickers" to Christian, my quiet guy who is always quietly laughing at someone or another. "Three Musketeers award" to my little teacher's helper who LOVES to help others know what to do next and is certainly the leader of the group. "Lifesaver award" to my Emma who is always helping those who need it. Just to name a few.
It has been a great year...I don't know if my tears will come tomorrow or not, but I know it hasn't hit me yet just how much I will miss this group of kids and their parents. They have matured so much, learned so much...and have taught me so much. I'm sure I will have pictures to post tomorrow.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love those awards with the candy names Jamie! Very creative! I can't belive tis year is over for you already and you will be heading overseas before we know it. It really did fly by. Wasn't it just the other day we realized that we ere inthe same town, yet alone church and school building? I knwo today is full of mixed emotions for you but I am so excited for the next leg of you journey ! God has prepared yiou for some awesome things ahead and just think of the next group of precious children your hands will help mold and form.... oh my heart swell when I think of you and Daniel in Malawi!
I pray you are able to takwe today in and enjoy all of it and all of the next few weeks as you prepeare to leave.
Post a Comment