Wednesday, March 26, 2008

the paid-off car

We got home last night around 8pm and about 30 minutes later Daniel and I were in the living room. I heard like a squeaking noise and thought that it was just our neighbors and dog (remember Bruce?) above us. About 2 min. later our neighbor from upstairs was ringing our doorbell and told us that someone just hit our car. Right outside our building is our parking lot and and right in front of our balcony is where we park our car. Apparently someone in an old Taurus was pulling out and instead of reversing a bit more they just kept in drive and scratched up the backside of our car!! Ugh, what is wrong with people these days and the lack of respect that they have towards other people and things that aren't theirs? We just finished paying off that car about 3 weeks ago and have been basking in the "no car payment" light. I know its just a car, so that doesn't really bother me as much. I think our neighbors were a little surprised when they walked down to check out the damage that we weren't carrying on about it...what could we do? Its just a car! But man, does it really make me peeved that someone would just keep their foot on the gas, not a care in their mind and scape up someone else's car! I need to just forgive and let it go.

4 comments:

Luis and Christy said...

That is so horrible... and they didn't leave a note or take any responsibility. Maybe they got an email that this country is now officially an anarchy that I missed. Maybe it went to my spam folder. In that case, I'm eating 7 Cadbury eggs!

Katy said...

Did they hit it and take off? Ohhh so sorry...

Judy said...

I hate the hassle of car accidents. My car was totalled last Feb. by some fool going way too fast in the snow. It was awful and both my mom and 84 yr. old aunt were hurt pretty badly. It's just such a headache even if no one is hurt. What a frustrating mess!! Sorry :(

Amy said...

Unbelievable!! And the timing is just terrible too, on top of having your car hit. I remember that "just paid it off" feeling and I wish you could have enjoyed it a little longer:(