We joke with our friends that each time we pay something off we should have a big bell to hit and ring "ding ding ding"...like congratulatory way to annouce our release of debt that have held us down for too long!
Tonight, my husband and I sat down and paid off the last payment (a couple months worth at once) on our car! We are so happy...one debt down and one more to go. We have really been focusing on paying off the car since the fall and are so blessed that the day has come! (Way to go, babe!)
The Nissan was our first purchase together right after we got engaged! I had been driving a beater VW (well, most cars turned into a beater when I drove them) and sold it on my birthday in Nov 2006 for $300! YES, $300!! It was an insult to my pride, but the new, used car that we bought was such a bigger blessing to us. We have loved the Nissan and never have had a single problem with it...so we are confident, unlike most cars you pay off, it will continue its course of good health and smooth driving!
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What great news!!! It's exciting to hear that you're working to be debt free. When Ryan and I got married we had some significant debt; credit cards, student loans, cars, etc...and we were renting at the time. We committed to handling money God's way and it's been amazing to see the miracle that's taken place in our finances. We have such a testimony to share and I totally give God the glory. No car loans, no credit card debt and now we own a home and I'm a stay at home mom. A true miracle!!!! I'm hoping to be able to say "ding ding ding" about our student loans sometime by the end of the year. We'll see what God does!
Keep being faithful to the Lord and thanks for sharing. It's encouraging to hear your testimony.
It is SUCH A good feeling, isn't it? Good for you!!!
Post a Comment