Thursday, July 07, 2011

Seeing Red

My blog has been so consumed with all things baby the last 6 months, that I am just now feeling like I am able to catch up on it and post about other things that are, well, not so baby-ish. Where I do feel like my days do revolve around naps (3 still a day) and feedings...it seems that we have eased into life a bit more. I probably said the same thing when M was 3 months old, but each month it seems easier and easier.

So, this post is two-fold. First to show that I actually do have other things going on in life than just baby feedings and baby naps. And, secondly, to update you on our house projects. Don't worry, I don't have any intentions on turning this into a DIY blog...though I do love some DIY projects and reading DIY/design blogs! (rabbit trail: have you ever played on www.pinterest.com ? OH MY GOSH, I could waste some time on that site searching for things...LOVE IT!)

I think I have mentioned in the past that we live in Uptown Charlotte...very urban. We love it. We bought this house right before we were married and up until last summer had it rented out. We had quite the project to come home to when we arrived Stateside last summer from Malawi. (wood floors, whole new kitchen, tile in the bathrooms, paint, ceiling re-do, addition built). It was fun and stressful at the same time. Since we have been able to sleep a little more these days, we have updated our project list and are having fun dreaming, planning and attacking the list together.

Here's just a small project that I finished last week before we left for vaca. The previous owners left these old-school benches on the front porch. We were going to toss them (like we would, they weigh a ton each) and get new porch furniture but decided to keep them and save our pennies for new furniture for our side-porch add on (further down our project list). So I decided to update the benches and spray them red. Sidenote: make sure you remove running shoes when spray-painting otherwise you end up with pink socks! I love how they turned out...and plan to make a few outside pillows to add to it. We spend lots of time out on the porch with Maryn...watching people and checking out our view. I think even a small table with a lantern on it would be nice too!

2 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

They look awesome!!! Love the bold choice. And our city is so awesome. I am in the suburbia outside of it but so love the Queen City!!!

Amber said...

Benches look GREAT! So proud of you and your mad blogging skills! MIss YOU!