Monday, July 25, 2011

Another Before & After

Today's debute....the desk nook!

When we were planning our small, urban house redo last summer I started to wonder where I could fit a desk and a little space for myself. I had an idea to turn our coat closet into a desk nook. First, let me say that it was my idea, but it was my husband's complete DIY project (as was our kitchen---totally Daniel's doing!)

Here is the before pic---ICK, that paint job was by our renters! That half-wall was ripped out too...and the carpet and the paint was redone...wow, do I love before pics!

During construction. The closet was opened up all the way...width and height.


After! My desk nook. Daniel made the shelves and desk himself.

I love the fact that he drilled a circle in the back of my desk to run cords through...makes it a lot cleaner!

Family tradition. Years ago when my parents were having their babies, my grandmother would have these blue and white tiles made for each birth. Now my stepmom has them made. They are delft tiles from Holland, MI. Google if you are interested. They make great gifts. Sidenote: Yes, Maryn was born in Ft. Mill, SC (20 mins away) as she was delivered by midwife at a birth center...which is illegal in NC. (more on that later-another post for another time!)
Favorite verse. Daniel gave this to me for Christmas...ordered from www.redletterwords.com
Thanks for looking at my desk nook. I love it---I love displaying my cookbooks, my collection of things, having a place to sit and work on the computer and, most of all, I love having this as something that is seen when people walk in the front door rather than a plain ole' coat closet.

1 comment:

Amber said...

It's awesome Jam! Love it!