My Granddaddy isn't doing too well by way of health. His Alzheimer has progressed faster than last time when Daniel and I visited him. He remembered me in April, but didn't know who I was at Christmas or who anyone was really, except for my Grandma and sometimes my mom, aunt and uncle. He thought I was his sister from years ago, and then by the end of the evening, he resolved that I was just the "kind girl" who passed him food and filled up his wine glass. It was sad, but we knew that he would like to remember if he could. It was precious how he lit up when the great-granddaughters entered the room! It was like he knew them over the rest of us. Very sweet.
It was great to visit with my uncle and aunt and their spouses and, of course, my cousins who I haven't seen in a few years!
So my mom had a photographer come and below are a few pictures from the day. I couldn't resist posting a few of them because they turned out so well!

The whole Scharrer family!

My grandparents. They have been married since 1950--59 years ago this July!

Isn't this such a great pic? My brother, Jeremy, and family!

All the cousins (minus Joel) with Grandma and Granddaddy!

Grandma and Granddaddy and THEIR GREAT granddaughters!

...and the KISS that started it all!
2 comments:
those pictures are priceless! I am sure that your family will cherish them forever!
What great pictures! I love the kissing one! What a great idea to have a photographer come to the family reunion! Good thinking! Now you have some treasured pictures.
Post a Comment