Sunday, October 26, 2008

LU Homecoming 2008

We just got back from a very fun and relaxing weekend away with our dear friends, Ryan and Ashley. First, I just want to say that we are so blessed by their friendship...they are dear friends of ours and will be for a very long time! Thanks G-Fam for another great weekend!!

So back to the weekend in Lynchburg. We had a great time...Friday night after dinner we went to a Hockey game on campus (yes, thats right at the new LaHaye Ice House) and we also went to the new Tilley Student Center to hang out and check out a band that was playing..they were pretty good. Saturday was raining all day until right before game time...it turned out to be a beautiful afternoon perfect for the 42-0 game that LU took over Charleston-Southern. (Sidenote: When we were in school LU football was NOT the winning sport on campus...pretty much we would go just because it was free, but it seems all that has changed. The football games are actually fun to watch now instead of the painful ones that they were back in the day.)

Ashley and Jamie @ LU Hockey game...seems as though I was a little tired from the day.


Saturday before the game we had to eat at La Caretta (a Lynchburg favorite)...YUM! The McGinnis' joined us for lunch before the game and dinner after...Erin is a friend of mine from my freshman and sophomore year! It was great to see her after all these years...check out her blog to the right!

Daniel and I in the new LU Alumni Center. We sat for a while looking and laughing through old LU yearbooks. Daniel had ordered one a long time ago when he was a student but never received it. He noticed in the yearbook that he never received that his picture was next to his brother Tim's picture...the funny thing is that he and his brother didn't go to LU during the same years. Some things at Liberty are just a mystery but we got a good laugh out of it.

Ryan giving the "cobra" to the stuffed grizzly in the LU Alumni center...I am not sure why there was a grizzly in there but it was a funny moment.

Katy and I...finally after all these years! I remembered, Katy, the last time I saw you and David...remember when I was visiting Judy one weekend in VA Beach and you and David came over for Sunday lunch or dinner or something? When was that? 5 babies (between the 2 of you) later...we get to see each other again! Katy and I both were prepared for the moment with cameras in hand! :) I LOVE it!

Ryan and Ashley at the game--LU style!



GAME TIME!!

While at the LU Alumni Center we "checked in" for the weekend as alumni and in return we received 2 plastic wristbands that say "LU Alumni 2008"...hmmm, after these years of paying off student debt this is what we get?? ha ha...

So, some of you may recall my Dwayne Carson pic I took last year in honor of Judy and Ryan. Well, I had to try and out-do myself this year with another pic for the blog. It has now turned into an inside joke between Daniel, Ryan, Ashley and I. We would try and spot old LU professors and then I would try and take pics of them without them seeing me...I know, embarassing...but it kept us entertained. So here is the 2008 pic of Dwayne Carson sporting his white turtleneck.

and here is Dwayne Carson in 2007...hmm...can anyone tell what these two pictures have in common?

And sometime Friday night I thought that I saw Lou Widner (another LU prof from back in the day)...but I was clearly wrong and the guys relentlessly made fun of me all night. During half-time Daniel spotted the "real" Lou getting a hot dog so I HAD to take his pic too. HA HA...I'm so dumb sometimes!

I really miss the Lynchburg mountains...it turned out to be a beautiful day!

We ran into Michael Tait (he was the halftime entertainment and a fellow LU alumni) back at the hotel right after the game. Nice outfit that I have on right?

McCollum's and Grammatico's...the BEST part about this weekend was sharing it with friends!!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Oh my, this post had me laughing so hard!! First of all, I'm so excited that you got to see Katy! Makes me wish that I was there too and next year you'll be on the other side of the world, so we won't be able to meet up then either.
The picture of Dwayne Carson is hysterical. Before Ryan even saw the picture he said; "I'll bet he's got a turtle neck on!" So funny! And I love the picture Lou too!! Oh my!
I guess we're going to have to make it to homecoming next year to keep the tradition of Dwayne Carson pictures going!! You are too funny!
I'm glad you had such a fun weekend!

My Kids Mom said...

I LOVE the MICHIGAN sweatshirt! My hubby would be proud! You'd think that was his alumni and not LU sometimes!!!

Katy said...

It was soooo great getting to see you again Jamie! I love all your pics - you made quite the weekend of it! And your pic of Dwayne is SOOOO cool! :)