Thursday, October 30, 2008

FINALLY

Look what greeted me when I came home today! For about a two weeks now I have been meaning to call someone at L.U. to inquire when I should expect my diploma. For those of you who need the story...I went to college and then after India put my education on hold for years...I would try to go back for a few classes here and there but I was never good at balancing working and doing school at the same time! I had actually given up on the whole thing until I met Daniel, he supported and encouraged me to finish. I finally felt like I wanted to do it and I did! Anyway, I walked this past May but still had 3 more electives that I took this summer at the community college. I finished the classes this past July and have been waiting for the diploma since...FINALLY it came and FINALLY I am finished with my education! It feels great! Katy, do you like how I did my name. I had to get all the names in there, after all, I started as Holmberg and ended as McCollum!

5 comments:

Judy said...

WooHoo!! Let me saying again - WooHoo!! I am so, so proud of you! Finishing school while working and getting married is quite a feat! I started some graduate work and then I got engaged and totally quit! You're an inspiration! I hope you frame that diploma and hang it in a prominent place! You certainly worked hard for it! And I love your name on it! I think it's very special that both of your last names are on there!

Erin McG said...

Congratulations Jamie!! I think they sent it to you after you paid for your homecoming football tickets :). They needed the $10 to go towards the shipping costs ;). J/K I am super proud of you!! You are my inspiration and I hope to follow in your footsteps one of these days.

Luis and Christy said...

What a great reason to check your mail! I know that you will not miss the sign that you used to have reserving the place of your diploma.

Katy said...

WAY TO GO!! isn't it great to finally see it!?! And I LOVE The names - you know I did the same thing. I just kept saying...I want to make sure that Katy Maxfield DOES graduate! And she did...as Katy Elizabeth Maxfield Schrodt. Congrats - you worked hard for it!

Abels said...

Congrats Grad! I bet it feels good! Hope to see yuo around Thanksgiving!! We're coming to the mountains!