I just got back from a meeting and it looks like I have landed a job for the summer! It is at ImaginOn, which is the Children's Theatre/Library here in Charlotte. (Click on the name for the link.) ImaginOn hosts a ton of children's camps of all kind throughout summer. I'll be one of many teachers for the preschool aged camps. The camps are one week camps (so each week will be a different group of kiddies) and the children will rotate between Music, Drama and Art all related to the theme for that week. I wouldn't consider myself highly creative so I am excited to be stretched in this area of education. Thanks Jenny!!
I'll also be finishing my long marathon of education myself, a.k.a. my college career this summer. I have 3 more classes left and am awaiting permission to take these classes at the local community college. I have picked: Intro to Sociology, EDU-Children, Family and the Community and EDU-Health and Nutrition. Should be a fun summer!
Next up on the to-do list--a teaching job for the fall!!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow Jamie... and on top of all of this you went to yoga this morning? I am proud of my successful and driven friend. The summer job sounds fun and the good thing is that after a week or two you'll be in such a groove that you'll just have the best time. Also, props on almost being done with educating yourself. You are such an inspiration sticking it to it!
How fun - it sounds fabulous!!! Sounds like the kids will keep you hopping - the nice thing about different kids each week is that if there's a bad one, it's only for 5 days that you have to deal with them! Keep plugging away on your classes -you're almost there!! :) And how's the running, by the way?
Post a Comment