Thursday, April 17, 2008

Finally...


I just got word that I am eligible to walk at Liberty's commencment ceremony! I wasn't at all expecting to walk since I won't be done with my final 3 elective classes until July 14th. A friend of mine, who also has 3 more classes this summer to complete, told me that she recieved permission. So on a whim I requested to walk too and got my confirmation email this afternoon. I'm elated!! My next challenge is getting a hotel room....yikes!

4 comments:

Luis and Christy said...

Yea, what a great success! I love how you have the spot reserved as though another framed print was going to come into your house and work only in that spot. Don't forget to watch OFFICE!

Judy said...

Oh how exciting!!! I remember walking across the stage and instead of accepting my diploma from Dr. Falwell I hugged him. I figured it would be the only chance I would ever get and I'm glad I did. I'm sorry that he won't be there to see you walk across that stage, but I'm so excited for you!! Way to go girl!!

Katy said...

HOORAY! I was wondering that same thing...if you'd be allowed to walk - it will be so exciting. It's an AMAZING feeling of accomplishment. Here's your next dilemna - what name to put on the diploma. Since I was married when I actually walked, I had all 4 names on the diploma (Katy Elizabeth Maxfield Schrodt), because I wanted to be sure that Katy Maxfield DID graduate from college!!!

The Kirkland's said...

Congrats girl. I am so happy for you. What a great accomplishment!!!