Sunday, February 10, 2008

comments needed

Alrighty, before I come across your computer screen as being a little vain let me explain the bottom pictures....while trying on some dresses this afternoon I got the bright idea of taking some pictures and posting them so that I could get a little help from you, out there in internet world. Daniel's work hosts a ball every April. (Yes, I know that is a few months away but when it comes to a ball gown there is no time like the present. (every girl learned from Cinderella's mistake of waiting till the last minute for the mice and birds to get out their needles and thread.) Since Daniel just started working for this place this summer this is our first time going. (I wish I could just wear my wedding dress again but for whatever reason in our society wearing your wedding dress when it isn't your wedding is considered a huge, social faux pas.)

So I was at Ashley's house last night and asked her if she had any evening attire that I could take home and try on...here are a few that I tried. I am going to continue my search but hope that you could help by your opinions and comments.

OPTION #1 - Black, strapless and backless dress

I do really like this black dress. It is comfortable and dressy. I am not quite used to the open back but I think that if I wore it I would be fine and I can even wear a cashmini thing over my shoulders if I felt to bare. But I like how it is...just needing the right undergarments would help smooth it down a bit on the top.

OPTION #2 - white, J.Crew criss-cross, empire cut dress

This dress is comfortable too. I love the material and how it "swishs" at the bottom. I love it because I can just wear normal undergarments (something about saying that word on the internet doesn't seem right). Because it is empire cut it makes my hips seem, well, a bit hippy. But I would be content with this one too!

5 comments:

Amber said...

I think I'm going to vote for the black strapless! Although you look awesome in both of them!!!

Luis and Christy said...

BLACK b/c anyone who can wear that kind of back should... everyday. The white is nice too, but it doesn't change my life.

Katy said...

Black is my vote too - it looks awesome on you - and the back is unreal!! Would make me nervous, but you look SOOO good in it!!! It definitely has the Ah ha factor! :)

The Kirkland's said...

I like the black one the best. You look really great in it. Can't wait to see the others.

Rebecca O said...

Your back is gorgeous in the black one. Iif I had a back like that, I'd wear backless every day. As it is, I'm the freckle queen...