Saturday, January 05, 2008

i'm no roger ebert



last night was girls night, we had planned it all week...emailing back and forth and plotting our escape and our reunion in front of the theatre at exactly 7:15. since there were so many of us we decided to wait until everyone arrive to decide what to see. we voted and the consensus was the movie "juno". i had only heard briefly that it was a comedy about a highschool girl who gets pregnant and struggles through the pregnancy, i didn't quite understand what could be SO funny about a highschool girl getting herself pregnant that they could write a whole movie about it but i complied and was interested in checking it out. plus my fav, rainn willson, "dwight" from "the office" was in it so it had to have some pretty good lines.

i was right. "juno" was absolutley heart touching, enjoyable, funny, witty, moving, sweet, emotional, all of the above. at first you wouldn't think it would be because it is pretty highschool-ish, almost like "napolean dynamite" meets "the office" meets "never been kissed" but then it became really sweet and real like "the holiday" meets "the notebook". "juno" was both raw (some pretty highschool, hip, curious innuendoes) and sweet at the same time.

my favorite part was when the character played by jennifer garner (another fav of mine) describes her vision and passion of being a mom...so sweet. ok, i'm not going to say anymore as i wouldn't want to ruin it for anyone.

i hope you like it as i did, a great one to go see on the next girls night.

i hope my friend, you know who you are, wakes up this saturday morning and reads this blog, i hope it satisfys until my next entry! :)

5 comments:

Luis and Christy said...

YEA! Can I help that at the end of the day I only have an ounce on energy left and I use it to nose into what my friends are up to? I love reading your blogs :) Thanks for reviewing Juno... I was watching old Office episodes online and that was the commerical they played about 15 minutes and I was kind of interested in it. You're the best!

Judy said...

It's always nice to get a movie review from a friend. We NEVER actually go to the movies, but when it comes out On Demand we'll have to check it out!

Heather said...

Ok, I went and saw PS. I love you this weekend and saw that Juno was playing and although I haven't really heard anything about it on tv, I know several who have seen it, and I still didn't think I would want to. Now today I've read to reviews, one being yours, and now I kinda want to see it! Thanks for your review!!! :-) By the way, don't waste your money on PS I love you....I personally did not care for it much.

The Kirkland's said...

I saw previews for that movie on TV the other day. I wasn't sure if it would be good or not. I'll have to check it out once it comes out. (I don't think I could get John to go see that one with me..lol) Love ya and miss ya girl!!!

Katy said...

I love Jennifer Gardner too - loved Alias.. Sounds like such fun to see a good movie and have a girls night! :)