there are very FEW things that i dislike in life. i dislike...how laundry never amounts to a small pile...how wal-mart (no matter how busy) never has all of the lines open at the same time... how weekends always go much too quick and on that note dinners that you slave over for hours are over in minutes time.
let me rephrase, if you know me well enough you can move ahead one space to the following paragraph, there are very few things that I dislike more in life than being awakened before 7:30am (ok, I'll push it to 7am just for the sake of this argument) and dogs.
don't get me wrong, i do like dogs and even pupppies for that matter...from a DISTANCE. i like to pet these animals every now and then and if there is one cute enough i might even talk to it in a high-pitch baby voice...but never have i truely ENJOYED having a dog in my house. didn't you have dogs growing up, you might ask? why, yes, i did...2 in fact. but i also grew up with 3 brothers who ever so lovingly took care of said dogs in our household.
and yes, if you did read my post from yesterday you would know that i did get up with a jovial and cheerful attitude, smile and all, before the gonging sounds of 7:30am...but that's because there was snow on the ground to enjoy, and, in addition, i had the day off. and yes, i have come to the conclusion that someday when there are babies present in my household that the joys and sounds of motherhood will never be limited to specific daylight hours, but until then do not wake me before 7:00am.
which brings me to the point of this blog. this past weekend our neighbors above us (we live in a condo building) took the liberty in adopting a puppy! yes, a puppy on the 3rd floor. it was great to watch them this weekenend all together frolicking the patches of grass in the parking lot as one big happy family. but come monday morning (and every day since) when they leave for work the sounds echoing through my "house" have been the yelping sounds of "Bruce".
this morning was by far, the worst. 5:30am I sit up to hear the gallopping sounds of the puppy and owners running and chasing each other around the 900 sq ft. condo above. for an hour this went on as I tried hard to fall back asleep and, it seems, just as soon as i did the yelping started. it is now 8:58am and "Bruce" has been yelping for 2.5 hours in his cage, which is located in the bedroom, right about our bedroom...right about my head.
A puppy yelping at an ungodly hour is no way to make friends with me. so, be warned, 3rd floor neighbors and "Bruce"...be very, very, warned! :)
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Jamie PLEASE be the neighbor who bangs on the roof with a broom stick and hits the pipes with a wrench! I will even pony up for a hankerchief that you can put over your curlers for when the garbage has to go out. HA, you're so funny!
I am so with you about dogs in the house. I will never have one. I don't care if other people have dogs in their houses and I don't mind playing with a dog here and there. We might even own a dog one day when Christian is old enough to take care of it and when we have a bigger yard...but never in the house. I hope Bruce learns to calm down a little!!
Oh man...feeling your pain. That is ROUGH!
I know how you feel girl..Puppies are a lot of work. I don't think we will get another puppy for a long long time. I can't deal with the whimpering throughout the night.
I know how you feel girl..Puppies are a lot of work. I don't think we will get another puppy for a long long time. I can't deal with the whimpering throughout the night.
Post a Comment