Tuesday, January 22, 2008

pictures of the painted room


daniel is such a great husband! he's been telling me for months that we can paint whatever and whenever...so last week i said "lets paint on monday" he said "ok, what color". he's also really good at painting and did the whole thing...i just did the cleaning and trim taping.

yeah, it really was that white!

here is the living room before.

here is the living room after...the paint is kinda light in the pictures but at least you can see the contrast with the white trim. its just like a sand/beige/warm color. the plant on the floor doesn't really go there but it is a big (relatively) spot where a chair goes...we have had the chair in the bedroom while the Christmas tree was up and just haven't moved it back.

here is our front door. the little phone thing isn't really a phone but our calling system with the doorbell to the building. i know it looks like a 90's looking wall phone. to the left is our kitchen which is what is getting painted next.

our little humble abode. i'm going to paint the kitchen next like a warm but lighter green...not apple green but like a stem green. thoughts, suggestions??

i know that painted walls isn't something THAT exciting...but it is for me. this is the first place that i have ever been able to paint and be in charge. (i had always rented when i lived by myself or with roomates.) there are so many more projects that have now have come from one. so, next is the kitchen to paint and then the bathroom and then the bedroom!

9 comments:

Judy said...

I love talking about paint!! I've painted every room in our house (at least once) since we moved in four years ago. I have a green accent wall in our kitchen and it looks great! I've been visiting a lot of model homes lately and I've noticed that the trend is to really make the house flow, make sure all the colors really work together in every room. Just a thought. I love the before and after pics. It looks great. I can't believe Daniel did it all! My husband does NOT paint!!

Luis and Christy said...

Wonderful contrast. It really looks warmer. I love green in all of its various shades so I can't wait to see what you choose. I have a green office and a green guest bedroom (of course I have my 3rd blue bedroom in a row). What a good hubby... I know you are thankful. Oh, and PS don't sell yourself short on the trim taping -- that is a royal pain in the behind and if you do a crappy job you can really tell when the tape comes off!

Abels said...

Just a little paint goes a long way! You know I love color- anything is better than white walls. How exciting it must be to have a place to call your own and paint helps you do that. Hey when you get a second can you email your address I have something sitting here to send! Miss ya lots.

Rebecca O said...

The room looks beautfiul and You're so excited about it, that makes it great.

The Kirkland's said...

It looks really great. Painting always gives a house a much cozier feeling. Good luck with the rest of the house!

Katy said...

Look out - once you start painting, you'll never stop!! We love it!! And I love greens - I have 3 different shades of them in my house!! Go warm!!

Katy said...

I see your new blog background matches your new house paint! Love it! :)

Judy said...

This has nothing to do with this post...but I love your new background!! I just changed mine b/c of you! I went with something pink, since baby girl stuff is all I think about anymore!!

Unknown said...

Jamie your place is so cute! I love how you decorate too. I love painted walls!!! Nice color.