Monday, January 31, 2011

4 weeks

Maryn is now 4 weeks old...we can't believe it. Mostly we can't believe it because we didn't think we would ever make it out of that 2 week time-frame! I really and truly believe that it is WAY more PAINFUL to go without sleep for days/weeks at a time than the pain of the actual birth itself! I'm not one that usual can operate on less than 8 hrs of sleep pre-baby...but thankfully God has given me strength exactly when I've needed it the most...and He gave me an amazing husband who has take great care of both Maryn and I especially in those first 2 weeks.

Maryn is doing great! We're on a semi-schedule where I wake her up every 3 hrs during the day to eat, leaving her sleeping through the nights in 4-5 hr stretches between night feedings. Ah, 3 hours straight of sleeping in intervals never felt so good! :)

Here are a few recent pics.

lots of polka dots going on here.

she loves to stare at the black and white pics above the couch.

at Freedom Park with Daddy

blowing bubbles at the park with Mommy

2 comments:

Judy said...

Oh she is precious!! I have to admit, I did a double take when I read the title to your post. Four weeks? Wow, that's hard to believe. That went by quickly, but I can totally understand the misery of sleepless nights. I had those for a year with McKenna thanks to non-stop ear infections!! Just keep that little girl to yourself until cold & flu season is over.
So who do you think she looks like? At first I really thought she looked like Daniel, but now I'm totally thinking she looks like mommy. Ha! I'm sure everyone has an opinion about that! I'm so glad you guys had some warmer weather so you could get some fresh air!! Love the pics! Keep 'em coming!

My Kids Mom said...

She's so sweet! We had a picture that hung over our couch when the boys were all infants. They ALL loved to stare at it - infact, all infants that came over loved to stare at it - it was odd. I think it was the reflection of the light/sun off the glass!