I had thought about canceling this blog since we do a lot of blogging on our Malawi site...and I think I may have lost some readers since I have moved to Malawi, seeing as I haven't kept up with the posts as much as I did prior to our overseas adventure. (I do see a lot of activity on my site tracker, but not a lot of comments...that's okay, there are sites that I read and don't comment...but I do welcome your comments and encouragement anytime you want to leave them.) However, I was reminded that we have only 4 more months of our Malawi adventures and then another chapter on this journey will start and I will want to blog on all that will happen next. So, the blogging continues...and I am happy to have a place to collect my thoughts, pictures and events that keep Daniel and I busy.
With only 4 more months in front of us, and 7 months now behind us here in Malawi, there is just so much that weighs on my heart and soul. There is so much that I see each and everyday that I struggle to find words to capture for others to read and be informed on; so much that happens here in one of the poorest countries in the world that no one hears about in the developed countries. BUT, I want to dedicate myself in these coming months to start processing these experiences, and put into writing on paper (blog) for you to read. I think this will be good for me to do as in 4 months time I will be thrown back into western/American culture and will experience much of what is called "reverse culture shock"...these blogs will help me work towards that and help soften the blow a little. I invite you to leave thoughts, questions and comments as you read, maybe your questions/comments will ensue some interesting conversations.
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have been terrible at commenting lately... lurking too much! But praying for you guys all the time!!!
I definitley welcome the idea of hearing more details about everything running through your head about your time in Malawi. I know that your heart has always been aware of the heartbreak and injustice in this world, but it's blogging that has opened my eyes to this in the last three years. I feel like my life has been changed by people like you, sharing the with brutal honesty the hardships people face daily in third world countries. I have been glued to blogs of missionaries in Haiti over the last few months. I've allowed their words to sink into my heart and over and over again I've sat with astonishment at their words and the condition of peoples lives. My mind used to be so naive...I had no idea that there were so many starving babies in orphanages that some of them would lay in their cribs and die all alone with on one to even hold them as they took their last breath. I didn't want to know that. I didn't want to hear that or believe that...but God has used information like that to change my selfish heart. I know that God wants to use you Jamie as you re-enter American life to be a voice crying out for justice for those less fortunate!
Can't wait to hear more from you!
Post a Comment