Thursday, April 09, 2009

For Sale

I have been trying to find time all week to post...its just been busy throughout the days and each night we have had something going on. Finally...I have a little time during my student's nap-time today. It's our last day of school before the long-awaited Spring Break! Woo Hoo! Florida, here I come!

Daniel and I had a great time hanging out with my mom and step-dad last weekend! I didn't take many pics, but we had a busy few days running around town, taking them to favorite restaurants and having a great time together. It was a beautiful weekend on top of it all, just so spring-like! My favorite time of year.

My parents left Sunday. Shortly after they left my brother-in-law/realtor, Tim, came over to take pics of our condo and put it on the market. It kinda makes things more real for us. Its hard to believe that we leave for Malawi in just a few short months...I hope that our place sells. It wouldn't be so bad if it doesn't as we could rent it--especially with the way things are right now with the market. I was pretty anxious about it on Monday but was reminded that God's economy and timing isn't ours...He will provide just as He has with the $28,000 that we have already raised for our mission. And when He does sell the condo, we will give HIM the credit for it all.

Its official: the sign is in the window!

I am going to MISS these girls--Kendra and Rachael! Kendra and her husband are expecting their first baby in September, how sad I am that its going to be 10 months old when I meet the little one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tuesday night we had a little girl's night dinner at Kayla's house. It was so fun and a bit overdue (I LOVE girls night!). Kayla had it worked out with Lauren to video skype at a certain time. Lauren is our friend that moved recently to teach English in Chile. (See Blog on Right.) It was so fun to be all together and share some time with Lauren....I LOVE skyping. If you have a skype account please feel free to search for me and add me to your list. Skype will be one of our main ways that we communicate while in Malawi (the blog and website will be one of the main ways too, naturally!)

Skyping with Lauren in Chile!

Well...I just can't say how excited I am for Spring Break (starting tomorrow)! Especially for the fact that we are leaving to go to Florida...I am picturing myself at the beach and falling asleep to the sounds of the waves crashing...soaking up the sun (don't worry I bought SPF 70 for my face, geez, I feel old!)

2 comments:

Erin McG said...

Have a fabulous Spring Break Jamie! Soak up some sun and take a nap for me :).

Sarah Joy said...

Have wonderful Spring Break--- rest, rest, rest and have fun, fun, fun! Can't wait to hear all about it!