Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Emma

Despite starting school this past Thursday, trying to get my arms around my curriculum, waking up at the crack of dawn and just being plain ole' exhausted, yes, despite of all that we had a fabulous weekend with our 15 month old niece Emma. Emma and her parents (Daniel's brother) live here in Charlotte. This was Emma's first time being left over night and she did great! We did great together! It was so much fun to have one-on-one time with her, laughing, playing, talking, shopping! She loves to talk to us in her own little language though she does have a few words that she is mastering. Her favorite "word" this weekend was "button" as she pulled up her shirt and anyone else that was sitting close to her..."button" she says, and pokes you like the Pillsbury dough boy! She is so sweet and was quite content with her Auntie and Uncle Daniel. When we are all together with the family she never wants to go to Daniel or her other uncle, she just cries and reaches for mommy so we were very interested to see how she would do for the weekend with Uncle Daniel! By Saturday night she was laying with him on the couch, kissing him and running to him! The milestone merited the camera and a blog post for sure! Daniel and I love being auntie and uncle to our 4 nieces!! We love all of our girls! (the oldest is starting preschool on Monday--wow!)



4 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

I looks like you had a wonderful time with Emma. What a wonderful age she is at. Scott isn't too far from there and I love this age. I bet she left you more exhausted than you were before she arrived:) Funny how they do that!

The Samsons said...

Thanks, Jamie. Great tips! I love the book idea too. That would be a great keepsake.

You guys are such a great aunt and uncle. Emma's too cute :)

Katy said...

Callie's a month older than Emma, and she is completely in love with belly buttons - sounds like the girls would be fast friends!

Judy said...

Aren't Emmas the best??!! I know I think so :)
You have certainly been busy with the start of school and then a fun weekend being an auntie! Busy times, but those special moments and that relationship with Emma is so worth it!