as i mentioned in an earlier post, one of my 2008 goals is to get that diploma that i have been putting off for a while. i have struggled with my confidence in going back to school through the last couple of years and failed a few times to push through my fears of studying, test-taking and self-motivation. now, with a wonderful, supportive husband i have taken steps to strive towards my goal of finishing.
this morning i finished my theology class! i am still waiting on my final grade, but i got an A on my last test so i am happy with the results so far. now with two classes down i have 5 more classes to finish in 2008. i'm on a roll. my tough classes of church history are next in january so i will really have to committ more time to studying those classes as there are a lot of dates and names to remember.
my biggest lesson i have learned is not of apologetics or personal theology, but of confidence, self-motivation and pushing through fears. thank you, God, for a wonderful husband who has helped me see that i can do things that i set my mind and optimistic thoughts to. next goal: half-marathon.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
When my sister ran the USMC Marathon last October, she and her running partner got some iron-on letters to put on the backs of their shirts - it said "Believe, Train, Conquer!" And it was a great motivation for them - and has been for me. You really can do anything that you set your mind to!!! I'm telling you Jamie - sign up for Shamrock and we'll do it together!!! I can have my sister send you a training plan!!!!
Woah, I'm impressed with anyone running a distance more than 1 mile. You can really do it, though. Have you started running yet?
Congrats girl. You are on a roll with school. Doesn't it feel so great to finish a class. Good Luck with the half-marathon, I have that goal too, but proably not for 2008. Love ya!!
What am I going to do with you and Katy and your marathon plans??!! I guess I am going to have to get in shape after I have this baby (like I'll have the energy for it). You guys are great motivation!
Post a Comment