Tuesday, October 23, 2007

hurray for holidays

the only thing that is getting me through the next few days is the fact that i get a 5-day break from 3 year olds starting this friday. hurray for holidays...next week it is our "fall break" though it is just now getting cooler, most of the trees i see still have green leaves and we are still wearing short sleeve shirts around here. regardless of the weather ups and downs and the hightened awareness that the southeast is in a severe drought including a shortage of emergency water...i have 5 days off from 3 year olds!!! on top of that megan is coming to visit for the weekend...and in addition my sister in law should be having her baby anyday now. if baby bella doesn't come before the 29th then she will be induced. i can't wait to meet her in a few weeks when we go home to va for thanksgiving. speaking of thanksgiving, christmas decor is already being sold in stores like target, michaels and it isn't even halloween yet, but i don't care. this is usually my soapbox for this time of year, "why can't they wait till at least halloween is over to put up christmas stuff?", "christmas is coming earlier and earlier every year." but this year i am singing a different tune, chalk it up to a new home, being married, starting new family traditions and the fact that i have 5 days off this week...i say, hurray for holidays!!!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Don't hate me, but I've started Christmas shopping already!! I have to be done Ryan's family by Thanksgiving because that's when we do Christmas with them. I say "bring it on." I'm ready for Christmas!

Dustin and Candice said...

I agree with you about the Christmas decor. I love this time of year...it's been in the high 60's here today...although right now it's 71 but it still feels like fall outside...well FL style! LOL

Katy said...

i'm split. love the holidays, but always wait until the day after thanksgiving. it is the most fun though decorating your house for the first time!!1 start the traditions now!

Katy said...

i'm split. love the holidays, but always wait until the day after thanksgiving. it is the most fun though decorating your house for the first time!!1 start the traditions now!