And so I introduce to you our nursery. Let me just warn you, as I will in each room post of the house, that the "before" pictures are very scary. We bought the house 3 years ago as part of our business and had renters in it every since. It was interesting this summer when we moved back from Malawi and started prepping the house for all the work, that we found this beautiful (enter sarcasm) mural on the wall in our baby's room. We tried to figure it out...but really just chalked it up to weird renters. I'm sure, if left (like we every would), it would lead to crazy nightmares for our little one.
More of the "befores".


And then, after moving in and pouring all our energy and time into the other rooms, the baby's room ended up being the storage room for a few months. Everything we didn't want in the other rooms or didn't know what to do with ended up piled high into the room. We seriously couldn't even walk in at one point. Tell me we're not the only one who has ever done this. :)
Ok...so here are the "after" pictures. There are still some things I want to put on the walls probably after the baby is born so I can add either a boy or girl touch to the room. I made the curtains and bed-skirt myself as well as the origami mobile and framed quote over the changing table. I love the rocking chair that I got for $100...I'm not a huge fan of slipcovers only because of all the wrinkles and tucks...but, you know, some things you just have to deal with for a higher comfort level.



The last picture is just a boring pic of the side of the room with the closet. I do love the antique armoire that we have tucked into the corner nook. I was going to get rid of it this summer, but glad I decided to keep it for storage. One thing about an older, small house in the city..storage is limited. I also love the bassinet that our friend is letting us borrow for a few months..so cute. Right now the bassinet is holding the car-seat. The bins to the right are Christmas bins, just hanging out for a few more weeks until we pack away the tree and decorations. Well...that's it for the nursery tour. Hope you liked it. Stay tuned for other after posts. McBaby and I are at 38 weeks now...so now we wait.
3 comments:
McKenna was born at 38 weeks (a huge shock to me after Christian had to be induced at the end of 41 weeks)!!! So get ready girl! It could be anytime.
I adore the room. I'm so impressed with all the things you made yourself! I can definitely see it going in the girl or boy direction. Oh my word how can you stand not knowing!!! It's going to be an awesome surprise when that little boy or girl shows up!!! I can't wait!
I love it!
I love the nursery..so cute!!! Both my babies were born before 38 weeks...girl you dont have long at all!! Cant wait to see if McBaby is a boy or girl!! So happy for you guys :)
Post a Comment