Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Time Is Ticking

I can't believe that it has been 9 months since we first arrived here in Malawi! We are in the final stretch here...6 more weeks until we depart Malawi. Maybe you're thinking, "I thought they were suppose to be in Malawi for a whole year?"....well, its true, that was the original plan last year. However, with finances and the need for Jonathan (Kayla and Jonathan are our 2 close friends that we came with and live with here) and I to get back this summer and search for a teaching job before August, it worked out that we needed to arrive home in July. So we are looking at a departure date from Malawi on June 22nd. When we leave Malawi we head to South Africa for 2 weeks! We are excited to be able to catch some of the World Cup Games (especially the USA game in Jo-burg...U-S-A!) and to tour around Cape Town!

And the best part is when we land in the US on July 6th! We just cannot wait to see our family and friends again! What a reunion that will be. To think that I will be finally be able to meet my two nephews that were born this year...yeah!!

Departing Malawi will be a bitter-sweet time for sure. There are so many new friends that we have made here who have shaped our year and our life in tremendous ways. It's going to be sad to say goodbye. Be praying for us as we head into our transitional months ahead...I know that God has some exciting things in store for us next! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Katy said...

i can hardly believe it Jamie - I'm sure in some ways it feels like FOREVER since you were back here, teaching, living in your cutie little condo. And then other ways where it feels like you just arrived there!! It will be quite the transition I'm sure - I can't wait to hear about what your thoughts are now for the future! :)