Friday, November 13, 2009

My new favorite site...when I have internet connection

Hi everyone...
There is just so much going on here in Malawi...ahh, we are loving the life here. It is super hot these days and we are just waiting and praying for the rainy season to start to give us a reprieve from the daytime heat. We've been a bit more homesick these last weeks, I think because we wish we could be home to meet our new nephew but also because we know that the holidays are coming up...and we miss all the family gatherings, etc. Anyway, we know that we are exactly where we need to be...here in Malawi! Our Thanksgiving celebration may be without turkey....and our Christmas may be without scarves and mittens, Christmas trees and decorations...but we have made a ton of new friends and "family" here that we just are going to make the most of this season...with our Malawian friends and here in a country and a culture that has taught us so much about love and hospitality.

I just have to share one quick website that I am totally obsessed with this past week...thanks to Christy! :) You all just have to check it out...especially the recipes. We (Kayla and I...we alternate cooking weeks here in Malawi) make our meals from scratch each day...ahhh, its so much fun, no seriously it is. I mean, we are in Africa...there isn't much of an alternative. We visit the market weekly and pick out the freshest veggies and fruit...organic all the way here. We have a few cookbooks that we brought with us, but this site is now one of my favorites to go to...that is whenever I can find internet connect for a few minutes. Add it to your RSS feed...its a must. The Pioneer Woman

3 comments:

Judy said...

What an appropriate site for you to be reading since you're living such a "pioneer" life right now! I think I've seen that site somewhere before in all my blog hopping.
I'm so glad that you're enjoying life in Malawi! Time just seems to be flying. I know you're missing family and all the American things about the holidays (and I definitely need to stop whining over on my blog) but I'm sure you and Daniel will have a Christmas that you will never forget. I've been realizing what a blessing it is for me this Christmas to have a lot of the distractions removed for me. Most of my decorations will not be going up, lots of traditions cannot be carried out. We won't be having an visitors or parties...and deep in my heart I know that this is just the way God wants it to be. I can feel him working in me and I'm praying for you that you feel the same way. You are such a blessing to me and an inspiration! I am so honored to know you!

Katy said...

can you believe it's almost halfway through? unreal - i am so glad to hear that your hearts are doing well - that you have people over there to love on you....i was in charlotte last week flying out to ca, and were wishing you were there for me to pop over and see you guys! sending you love though!!!

Jenn @ A Heart For Home Sweet Home said...

I LOOOOVVVVEEEE the Pioneer Woman!! (and her site) :-))
I've been follwing for a couple of months now and think that she is just hilARIOUS! I can totally second your recommendation.
Glad to hear you guys are doing so well! What an adventure!