Friday, August 28, 2009

A Few Favorite Pics




We seem to be getting a little more adjusted to Malawian life with each passing week. We have had a few busy days this week with getting our "feet wet" with ministry stuff and preparing to move into our permanent house next week. Which I should mention that moving in Malawi is a whole different ball game than moving in the US. Just getting curtains is a crazy endeavor but thinking through hanging mosquito nets, getting keys made, internet set-up (ha), refrigerator, all these things and more has kept our minds busy! Next week should be quite busy for all of us to try and get so many things in order and lined up.

Yesterday we (the four of us) were asked to organize the sports fellowship day at EBCom (which is the local bible college). They basically do a sports day (students vs. faculty) once a semester. It was so much fun! We introduced Ultimate Frisbee and Capture the Flag! Let me tell you that I quite enjoyed Ultimate Frisbee once I got into it! Here are a few of my favorite pics of the day of a few children that stay on the campus with their parents. There is a small daycare that keeps the children while the parents are in class throughout the day. I will be starting to work there one morning a week when I am not working with the "Hope for AIDS" program out in the villages. I'm really excited about it and thankful that I had time yesterday to meet a few of the children on the campus. For more pictures check out our "photo gallery" on our site...we have been posting pictures of our last couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Katy said...

oh those precious children's faces!!! i jsut wish i could reach through the screen and kiss them!

Judy said...

Boy do those pictures tell the story of the life you're living now. God has dropped you into an amazing little part of the world for such a time as this! Seize every moment. A tiny part of me actually wishes I was with you, which totally surprises me that I would ever feel that way. So has it been what you expected so far? What's been the biggest adjustment? What's been the biggest surprise? When are you guys moving into your house?