Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Across the Pond

Well...this is my first post from MALAWI! We arrived this afternoon (it is 6+ hours difference...so afternoon here while it is morning there in the US). It actually was a pretty successful 18 hour trip. Yes, 18 hour flight from Washington Dulles to Johannesburg, South Africa...it actually was 24 hours. 18 hour flight + 6 hour time difference= 24 hours. YIKES! So the flights went well...and the next morning (this morning, Wednesday) we flew from Jo-burg to Blantyre..and NONE of our bags (8 total pieces) made it to Blantyre...funny huh? Well, not as funny as it is slightly annoying, but it will all work. The great thing is that the next South African Air flight doesn't arrive into Blantyre until Saturday, but hopefully they will be transferred to another carrier that might come tomorrow.


That is all I have for now...there is so much that we are taking in today and tomorrow that I am sure I will have more to update later.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts.

2 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

Your first post... you are there! WOW! I am so excited for you guys and will certainly pray that the luggage gets straightened out quickly! I will also be praying for the jet lag, culture shock, home sickness, oh and so many other things you may encounter along the way. I know Jesus is with you and holding you in his hand and pray that you are feelling his GRIP as you continue to live out this life of faith.

Katy said...

i can't believe you really are THERE!!! Can't believe none of your luggage came...hello! it's not like you can run to Target or something!