Tuesday, August 12, 2008

my new classroom

Well...summer has almost come to a close down here in Charlotte! It has been quite a busy summer. Last summer was pretty busy too with the wedding, honeymoon and job changes, but this summer seemed even more hectic! Don't get me wrong it was still very fun and full of adventure!

So now with my college classes behind me and my summer drama camp job checked off the list, it seems that my summer has come to an end. In fact I started my new job at my new school this past Monday morning. Let me say that I have been in a lot...and I mean A LOT...of private, Christian schools throughout my life...this one tops them all! This school is a TK-12th grade Christian Prep Academy. I can already tell that it is going to be a great year! I am teaching TK (Transitional Kindergarten) this year which is just a fancy term for what used to be called Pre-K.

My class is a new classroom as they added a second section of TK this year. To be in compliance with the NC accreditation standards my class needed a little people's bathroom so the entire room has been under construction for a month now and was just finished today...only 1 day late! :) So needless to say there is SO much to do...and if you have been a teacher before in a new school you can understand my stress of getting everything in place before orientation night and First Day! I was a little on edge today with all that needed to be done...so I took pictures of the room so I could go home and get my "creative juices" flowing!

Below are my "Before" pictures...I will be sure to take plenty of pictures when all is said and done!

I am so excited to have a bathroom in my classroom...a little potty for a big bathroom!

oh, so much to do! I'll be happy when everything is set in its place!

We are going to be very clean in class this year with a sink in the classroom and one in the bathroom! Lots of hand-washing will take place!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Getting ready for the beginning of the school year is always so stressful, tons to do. But it's fun too!! I can't wait to see the "after" pictures. It's hard to believe that it's time to start school again. It sounds like it's going to be a great year for you!!

Luis and Christy said...

James, I feel your pain. I had to move to a way different shaped and sized classroom this year (aka smaller and less functional) and my TA was on vacation... I thought it would look like trash when the kids got there, but suddenly it started to look like my style and now I actually love it. Please post "after" pics soon so I can copy some of your ideas!

Katy said...

it's going to be GREAT! Do you have an aide? I can't wait to see the after pictures of your room - it's going to be so much fun! And are you totally done with your classes now? Yippee!!

Sarah Joy said...

So I didn't resad this post just glanced at the pictures and thought to myself, "boy that looks familar." HA! To find out that you are teaching at my churches school; that is so funny. What a small world.