Sunday, November 04, 2007

Go Flames





here's another one for judy...the ol' brambleridge apt!! I was laughing so hard and no one understood why...i think just because this time in my life and all the events that happened in this apartment are now so humorous to me! i can't believe that we actually lived here...what did we pay? like $100 each? is that the price that we put on our life??




we love these guys!



a new memory for me: biscuitville, "say cheese". the biscuit lady's appron says "thats how i roll" which is what ryan and daniel say all the time.


this is daniel and his honor thesis that we found in the library. good job, babe!


check out our tattoos!


mr. and mrs. liberty--oh we so wish!!




liberty flames football game...a full house. we sat on the "old people" side but we were closer to the good food and hot chocolate.


this picture is of dwayne carson, one of the campus pastors...this one is for you judy, don't know why but i thought you would get a kick out of it. daniel was really embarrassed that i zoomed up to take a pic of him...at least he didn't see me!


we can't believe that it has been over 10 years since we made the trip to lynchburg for our first year at liberty university. daniel and i both went in the fall of 96. we went back to visit this past weekend with our friends, ryan and ashley. ryan also went to liberty back in the day. we had a great time reliving all our memories and making new ones together. my how liberty has grown. it has been 5 years since i moved from the 'burg to jacksonville and a lot has happened since then in the growing college town. i remember thinking how bored we used to get on the weekends but now students have nothing to complain about, they have so much more to do and many more freedoms then we ever had. i remember wearing skirts to class in freezing cold weather and trudging through the mud up and down the circle. ugh, and eating at the marriott..now students have actual choices of where they want to eat on campus. oh, not to mention the west campus thats across the hwy...its beautiful and i am sure that they have butlers or maids or something over there!

we went to the liberty vs. coastal carolina game on saturday. that was one of the most amazing sights that contrasted to the football days in the late 90s. there were actually students that attended the game not to mention the tailgating that happens all around campus hours before! they said that there was 14,000 people that attended the game that day. oh, and the flames won which was also a contrast to the prior days of football games on campus. all in all we had a great time and left with a sense of pride for OUR school. we can't wait to go back and visit again...maybe next year.

7 comments:

Judy said...

You are so right...I did get a kick out of the Dwayne Carson picture! I'm going to have to have Ryan check that one out!! You know it was Dwayne who told me he thought it would be a good idea if I dated Ryan!! He told me to get over you-know-who and go out with Ryan. I'm glad I listened!!

Judy said...

LU has changed so much in the past few years. I haven't been there since my brother graduated in 2002! Ryan and I are going to have to go visit one of these days. It looks like you guys had such a good time!

Judy said...

Oh, the memories of the Bramble Ridge apartments. Remember how Megan got her key stuck in the door and how the hot water heater leaked all over the floor. I got locked out once & broke down the back door. Remember the "BrambleRidge Gang?" We always had interesting neighbors. Those were good times!

Katy said...

I think someone else told Judy to get over you-know-who...except you didn't listen to me until later!!!! What great pictures - looks like such fun!! We say every year that we need to head back and spend the weekend there to see everything. We LOVE LU - our kids know that they're headed there many years down the road!!! And you're right - we had SO many more rules back in the day...and it was STILL the best!!

Amber said...

I LOVE all the pictures! Definitely makes me miss it! And you guys too:) Good 'ole LU! By the way... did they still throw marshmellows at the game???

The Kirkland's said...

Jamie, looks like ya'll have a great time. Hope all is well for you. We definentally need to catch up sometime.

Luis and Christy said...

Jamie our blessed LU looks like it is holding up without us. I went 2 summers ago with my mom and I think that if I went there now I would be sooo lost. I am loving your blog. I'm so glad that I copycatted you and made one. They are fun.